Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Friday, November 14, 2008

"Ham" Seitan!!!




I made a wonderful seitan loaf today and wanted to share it. I apologize for the crummy picture but it did taste wonderful. It is another one of Bryanna Grogan's recipe and it can be found here and there you will also find a better picture of it as well. I eliminated the "bacon" chips and bouillon and replaced it with Goya brand "ham" powder. It does taste "hammy" and it made wonderful sandwiches. I think I will make a vegan reuben with it. The "ham" roast was not bready at all and sliced beautifully!! Best of all, the recipe makes 3 pounds according to Bryanna and only costs a few dollars to make... maybe even less. It's a heck of a lot less expensive than Yves Brand and tastes a whole lot better and even better texture. If you need to really mimic the "ham" look, try subsituting part of the water with canned beet juice. Warning: I have never tried it and an not opposed to flourescent colored foods ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home