Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Doomie’s Home Cookin’











We just ate at Doomie’s Home Cookin' and had about the best vegan sandwiches ever!! I chose the "pulled pork" (not pictured) and my partner chose "Philly Beefsteak" and were both udderly (heheheh.. go save a cow) impressesd!!
Both sandwiches were on a huge roll with a side of coleslaw and wonderful onion rings. The barbeque sauce on the pork was soooo good and so was the texture of the faux meat.
We also had the fried calamari (looked like faux scallops) and gelatin dessert. The macaroni and cheese did, indeed, taste like the kind from the blue box which was one of my childhood favorite meals (I ate that stuff as a kid until it was coming out of my ears). Thank you www.toliveandeatinla.com/ for the wonderful "heads up". Furthermore the staff was friendly and helpful with regards to our dietary concerns. The bad? I wish it were closer since we are on the westside of Los Angeles.
Location:
DoomiesHome Cookin’
686 N Spring St (2nd Floor)
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Tuesday-Sunday 11:00am-8:00pm
714-883-7657 (it is an OC phone number but the restaurant is in LA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home