Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Isa Pizza


I finally was succesfull at making homemade pizza!! At many failed attempts with either flat pizza crusts, burned pizza crust, undercooked pizza crusts, I finally made the most wonderful vegan pizza ever. I used the recipe from "Vegan with a Vengeance" as a basis for my pizza.
I used my own crust recipe and jarred sauce. I follwed her recipe for "ricotta cheese" which was yummy। Since I could not find a large quantity of basil, here is the recipe I used for my pesto:

Spinach Walnut Pesto
3 cups of loosely packed spinach, large stems removed
2 garlic cloves
1/4 toasted walnuts
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Salt to taste


Pulse garlic in food processor until finely chopped. Add spinach, walnuts, and lemon juice and process on low speed until finely chopped. While motor is still running, slowly add olive oil until it becomes a coarse paste. Do not overprocess. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add dried basil, nutritional yeast, and salt to taste. Let sit for several hours for the flavors to incorporate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home