Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Macaroni and "cheese"

This is one of my favorite recipes from the "New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook" . I followed the recipe almost exactly, however, I added frozen peas and salsa (to make an orange color) to the sauce and omitted the oil at the end. It was, indeed tasty and definitely worth making again. I'm not sure if it really mimics the taste of the the real thing, but it tastes delicious and the leftovers made some wonderful quick meals. I don't think this dish will fool a die hard cheese lover but it will certainly please a vegan any time!! Feel free to click on the photo above to enlarge it. You can see all the yummy details........ amazingly "cheesey" and gooey and baked to perfection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

I love The Farm's recipe for Mac-N-Cheese.... The addition of the peas would be yummy!

10:52 PM  
Blogger K said...

Oh my that looks super good.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home