Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

"The Leaf" restaurant - Rawd (Rod) rawks (rocks)!!!




I am blogging today to review one of my favorite vegan restaurants called "The Leaf" , located in Culver City (Los Angeles), CA. The food is not only vegan and organic, but RAW!!! It's hard to believe that a restaurant could serve such delicious food WITHOUT relying on any cooking elements. The photo at the right is beautiful and untouched. This dish is called the "Trinity Sampler" and tasted as delicious as it looks. Click on the photo for an enlargement and you can see all the beauty. Beneath the colorful melange of organic vegetables, lay a trio of croquettes, dehydrated to perfection. I won't go into detail of each croquette but each is covered with their own signature raw sauces. My favorite is the "veggie sunburger" which is red "lump" on the right. This is also accompanied by their yummy house shoyu dressing. Visit the website and read all about it. I could eat this everyday!! The owner/chef, Rod (pronounced RAWd.. hehe) Rotondi does an incredible job in both his culinary expertise as well as presentation. I really love his desserts, especially the "oraweo pudding". It is a raw and vegan version of the commercial black and white sandwich cookie we all used to once love. His appetizers are all amazing as well. I eat there regularly, trying to sample everything there. I hope he adds more items to his menu soon. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy what they already offer and every visit is a pleasant experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home