Vegan Del Rey

I live in beautiful Playa Del Rey, California. I love the warm weather, the beaches, and the fact that my parents live close to my home. I enjoy spending my free time with my family and my partner who samples all my vegan and non-vegan cooking. My loved ones are all picky eaters but seem to "gobble up" all that I create. Most of the recipes you see here are not my own, however,I have given credit where it was due. Sit back and enjoy!!!!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I Can't Believe It's Vegan!!"




Vegan food preparation can be tedious as some of you may already know. After a long day of work. the last thing I want to do is prepare a batch of seitan or press some tofu and wait and wait... to add to a stir fry dish. However, there is a website hosted courtesy of Peta that has a VERY long list of convenience foods that are, indeed vegan, and it will not hurt your wallet either. It can be found here. I purchashed Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate brownie mix and canned frosting (reread the ingredients since the contents sometimes change over time). I followed the instructions for the brownie mix and used Enger-g as my egg replacer. I added pepppermint extract to the batter and frosting and sprinkled with crushed candy canes. WAS SO DAMN GOOD THAT I AM POSTING TWO PICTURES!!! I have to stop eating them because my partner will be home in two hours and our guest will be here shortly after my parter gets here. It took me about 15 minutes for the assembly which is much faster than making vegan brownies by scratch. Check out the website!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Oh wow, I thought you had made these: http://tofu-n-sproutz.blogspot.com/2006/12/today-we-were-all-in-mood-for-something.html

But they're from scratch and as you noted, a LOT MORE time and work. Yours look even better, and easier, and faster and yeah... wow!!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home